04 August 2010

Grand Finale

Because I can't get/afford this:


Per the artist:
"Of course, there is a graffiti aesthetic to my art but I primarily play with the visual effect. I use the original colours and re-paint the logo with excess. By pouring paint over them, the logo dissolves in front of the viewer’s eyes, drawing attention to, and visually disturbing the recognisable and omnipresent trademark. By doing so, I try to investigate the logo’s visual power. It’s a simple gesture, just as in Aikido when you reverse the power and change the flow of energy." Interview with PingMag, 11 August 2008



Court.

Yes, it's not perfect. No, I do not care.

It looks awesome in my hallway.


7 comments:

  1. It's stunning. And meaningful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That does look awesome. I'm so impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is me SO EXCITED!!!! :)

    glad you guys like it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to try that. Can you pleeease give a tutorial, im not talented like you

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...