19 February 2011

Multitasking the Vday Bouquet


 Last Sunday, I was surprised by the delivery of a huge bouquet of Valentines Day flowers. I wish I took pics because it was chock full of orchids, white Stargazer lilies, calla lilies, and roses.

Unfortunately, I have the black thumb and living things (other than Higgins) often perish in my house. I was able to salvage some of the blooms and repurpose them throughout the apartment.

The calla lilies did very well and I tied them together with some raffia (Mum would be proud, she loves raffia). They now sit at my desk and tie in all the colors going on with the big plum accent wall and my dripping Louis print.

The orchid stem is holding on to dear life in the bathroom. I tried to get fancy and help prop it up as you can see here. I'm using my drinking glasses in each pic.

Does anyone have any tips for extending the life of fresh-cut flowers? I'm at a loss.

*****PS********

Please take my survey to give me feedback on how I'm doing over here on the BBB

http://app.fluidsurveys.com/surveys/bigbeigebox/reader-s-survey/






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...