20 March 2012

Apt #13: Updated bed with overstock headboard

Three weeks ago, I bit the bullet and purchased a headboard online. My budget was under $300  (Ahem, $271.99 with FREE shipping!) and I had been eyeing the Wrightwood Queen Nail-button Headboard on Overstock.com for quite some time. The headboard arrived yesterday and I assembled it in less than 15 minutes.

The headboard is about 2 inches thick and attaches directly to my metal bedframe via metal legs that you can adjust to alter the height of the headboard. This is helpful, as the depths of most mattresses vary.  Assembly required no more than a flat head screwdriver and it was expertly packed; no bumps, burnishes, or dents on the headboard.  
It is adequately padded and the black microsuede has a deep, saturated black. I'm very happy wiht the nailheads, which are of good quality and patina. The microfiber will be easy to clean and keep free from dust with a lint roller. Pretty low maintenance. 
As you can see here, the headboard comes away from my wall due to the baseboard moulding. Despite this, it doesn't wobble and is firmly attached to the frame.

I'm quite happy with this piece. It was a quick fix and an end to the conversation of "I"m just going to make my own headboard," which I started saying two apartments ago. Now that I live in NYC my time, resources, and spaces are equivalent to money and just purchasing something that will do the trick(at a great price) is worth it.

What do you think? Have you purchased any furniture from Overstock.com that's been a great bargain?

1 comment:

  1. Looks good! I agree with the patina on the nailheads. It gives it a great aged look.

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...